Metabacterin is an innovative biological fungicide derived from the bacterial consortium comprising Methylobacterium extorquens, Streptomyces hygroscopicus and Bacillus subtilis.
It is designed to control fungal and bacterial diseases of cereal, vegetable and horticultural crops. In addition, it provides a growth stimulating effect.
The prominent Russian research centers were involved in the product development.
Cereal Crops Protection System
Metabacterin is recommended for protecting cereal crops against the following diseases: fusarium and helminthosporium root rot, Septoria disease, Fusarium diseases, mildew, spot blotch, net blotch and alternariosis.
Dosage Form: wetting powder
Shelf Life: 12 months
Active substance (according to ISO, IUPAC, N CAS): Methylobacterium extorquens NVD VKM В-2879D, Bacillus subtilis VKPM B-2918).
Chemical class of the active substance: Methylobacterium extorquens NVD VKM В-2879D – bacterial fungicide; Bacillus subtilis VKPM B-2918 – bacterial fungicide.
Concentration of active substances (in g/l or g/kg): Methylobacterium extorquens NVD VKM В-2879D – not less than 1010 CFU/g — 300 g/kg, Bacillus subtilis VKPM B-2918 – not less than 1010 CFU/g — 300 g/kg.
Method of Application:
- Treating seeds and tubers before planting;
- Treating root system at the time of planting;
- Plant spraying or plant root watering in the vegetation period;
The product can be used in combination with herbicides.
Metabacterin application effects (based on the findings of completed R&D):
- Prevents and controls fungal and bacterial crop diseases;
- Contributes to a balanced plant nutrition;
- Strengthens the immune status;
- Provides for an up to 20% increase in yield;
- Facilitates the production of useful soil microorganisms.
- Does not cause resistance of phytopathogens and can be used for multiple treatments until a desired result is obtained.