In 2016, R&D stage will be completed for a silage and haylage bio-preservative.
On behalf of the institutions involved in the R&D, the “Altai Biotechnological Company,” LLC would like to invite you to take part in a large-scale program on industrial tests of “Fermasil,” a bio-preservative for silage and haylage. The tests have been scheduled for 2016-2017.
Scientific support for the industrial testing will be provided by the All—Russian Research Institute for Animal Breeding (VIZh) Named after Academician L. K. Ernst. The participation in the industrial tests will allow your facility to be among the first national entities that have the opportunity to implement the advanced developments of Russian scientists and to use the guidelines for optimizing animal diets, increasing milk yield and improving quality of stored feedstuffs.
Key characteristics of the bio-preservative:
- Increase in retention of nutrients and carotene to 90 – 95% of their content in the original product.
- Twice lower protein losses from bio-preservation.
- Optimized ratio of lactic and acetic acids in the absence of butyric acid.
- Production of high-quality feed, not less than Class I under the Russian State Standard (GOST).
- Finely dispersed powder soluble in water (light beige to grey color)
- Freely soluble in water.
- Bacterial consortium: Lactobacillus, Lactococcus and Propionibacterium
- Concentration of lactobacilli and propionic bacteria in the bio-preservative Fermasil is no less than 1 х1011 CFU/g.
- Excipient – whey powder.
Effects from using feedstuffs with the added bio-preservative (based on the results of completed R&D)
- Increase in cow milk yield (by 5-7%).
- Improvement of digestive processes in the rumen (as a result of maintaining an optimal structure of the feeding diets and quality of the stored forage).
- Higher microbial mass content in the animal rumen fluid, especially beneficial bacteria.
- Intensified activity of metabolic processes in the animals.
- Increase in digestibility of nutrients.
- Assurance of the balanced cattle feeding.
- No side effects.
- No contraindications for use.
- Compatibility with other biologically active substances (enzymes, etc.) used in the cattle diets.
- Silage: 3 g per ton of ensilage mass.
- Сенаж: 6 per ton of haylage mass.
Shelf life: 12 months from the date of production.